Saturday 25 August 2012

Rimini Rimini Rimini

 

Hi all,

In a recent trip to my hometown I had the chance to enjoy a lovely walk along the river Marecchia with an old friend. It was his idea. He told me 'Get ready and wait for me at the bench'. The bench is where we used to meet when we were teenagers. A solid ugly stone where we spent many hours just sitting, listening to music, talking.

I felt that I needed to bring my camera. It was a wonderful warm day and while walking we spoke of what only matters in life: Love. Looking at the bigger picture, at our friends, at our lives. I enjoyed this sunny May afternoon so much. I can't share what was said. Maybe one day I can put some of it in a book or a movie but the pure perfection of this afternoon can't be repeated. All I can do and all I want to do is sharing some pictures.

The pictures below show the houses along the river Marecchia. It is called 'Lungofiume degli Artisti' (Artists' Riverside ) and it is an initiative of association Infezna. The concept behind it is to offer a different vision of the this area of Rimini. The walls of the houses have been carefully prepared for the murals by artisan Aldo Casciello. Coordinated by painter Giuliano Maroncelli many artists created their work on these walls. Most of the stories depicted are related to the sea and are a mixture of painting and poetry.


I tried to translate the poem from dialect to English. I would love to have your feedback and other versions if anyone can help.




           This hot wind coming from the sea accompanies our journey
           with its drawings and its colours is the frame of our love.
           - Guido Lucchini






   Today the sea
   is an entanglement
   of sun and blue.
   Children playing 
   on the beach
   and a woman
   who is preparing
   something to eat.
   - Guido Lucchini



   
    On the breeze of the evening 
    he went on the shore,
    he chatted..He chatted..
    And the moon up there listened.
    - Lidiana Fabbri






    
    Forgiveness makes men free. 
    - Andrea Sacchini



    In that moment
    when I am 
    in front of this sea
    I am still holding you
    in my arms.
    - Guido Lucchini







Down there on the harbor there is always a sail coming towards me 
 - Lidiana Fabbri


 
    Wintery sea
    Suspended in the mist
    the shout of the seagulls
    is the alive hollo
    of the unreal surroundings.
    - Piero Romei
   



Last but not least my favorite mural. It is a tribute to 'Amarcord' by Federico Fellini. In the film, the bricklayer Calcinazz (Rubble) says 'Mio nonno fava i mattoni, mio babbo fava i mattoni, fazzo i mattoni anche me, ma la casa mia dov’è?' (My grandad made bricks, my dad made bricks, I make bricks myself, but where is my house?). These word were written by the late Tonino Guerra.




  My grandad made bricks, my dad made bricks, I make bricks myself, but where is my house?


With this last picture I leave you.

If you have the chance go to Rimini and see this beautiful murals with your own eyes. I can just show you the pictures but there are many senses involved in a trip to this beautiful place: the smell of the sea, the warmth of the sun and the sound of seagulls and waves. ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment